American Berkshire Foundation Scholarship Program
The American Berkshire Foundation is pleased to support youth and education and will offer scholarships to young people active in the Berkshire breed.
The amount and number of scholarships will be determined by the Foundation Board on a yearly basis. The scholarship is a grant for which no equivalent work is required, other than the requirements defined below. Each applicant needs to fill out the scholarship application and must submit two letters of recommendation along with proof of enrollment into the next semester by April 1st to the American Berkshire Association, 2637 Yeager Road, West Lafayette, IN 47906. Click here to download an application form.
1. It is preferable that the application be submitted in electronic or typewritten form. You can call the ABA office for a hard copy if you do not have computer access. Please answer all questions in a thorough and detailed manner so that the review committee can learn as much as possible about each applicant.
2. The applicant must be a junior or senior ABA member in good standing or have completed a 2 year Berkshire project through FFA or 4-H programs. One or both of your references should validate this membership/participation in his/her letter of recommendation.
3. The applicant must be accepted into or currently enrolled in a 2 or 4 year accredited university, college, or certified program to be considered for scholarship.
4. The applicant is limited to 2 letters of recommendation from teachers, 4-H leaders, clergy, employers, etc. who know the individual on a personal level, but is not a relative.
5. The payment will not be awarded until first semester transcript is received.